State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota will be holding a panel discussion on the topic of marriage equality.
According to a news release, the
discussion, which is being sponsored by SCF's Multicultural and
Diversity Awareness Committee, will start at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday,
Jan. 18, at 8000 S. Tamiami Trail, Building 800 in Venice.
scope of focus will be on marriage and equality relating to lesbian,
gay, bisexual, transgender and queer persons, as well as those who
may identify with any of the aforementioned categories.
panelists will each be asked to contribute, both by giving accounts
of their personal experiences with the topic and answering a number
of questions. Each of the panelists will be from the LGBTQ
In addition to the information being shared and the
predecided questions for the panelists, audience members will be
invited to take part in the discussion by asking their own
One panelist from Equality Florida will be
speaking on the issues across Florida that are currently impacting
the LGBTQ community.
Assistant professor Kristin Zaborski will
be the moderator of the discussion.
Admission is free,
and the event is open to the public. Call 901-408-1483 or email to
zaborsk@SCF.edu for more
Organizations in this story
State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota 5840 26th St. W. Bradenton, FL - 34207
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success