A University of Rhode Island Social Media for Marketing class recently won first place in the 2016 Acura ILX Marketing Challenge, according to a news release.
URI beat out the University of New Mexico and Johns Hopkins
University to win a $5,000 scholarship.
“We are so proud of these students and professor Christy
Ashley,” Maling Ebrahimpour, dean of the College of Business
Administration, said in the release. “This achievement is one more
to showcase our advanced and applied teaching and learning. The
students’ innovative and creative thinking, combined with their
hands-on skills are so fundamental to the state and nation’s
economic development. It is wonderful to have these skills applauded
The competition, which involved 34 undergraduates, involved
research, creative design and implementation. URI’s team competed
against 19 other colleges from throughout the country, and after
being one of three finalists students from the team delivered a
20-minute marketing presentation at American Honda Motor Co. in
California, securing its win.
“Our class’s campaign emerged with lots of positive energy and
speed,” Ashley said. “The students formed their agency called
Vital Innovative Promotions (V.I.P.), right away to create and
execute their multi-level marketing campaign in just over nine weeks.
All with finesse. They were passionate, fast, and fearless
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Rhode Island ?
Next time we write about University of Rhode Island, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30