The University of Rhode Island recently highlighted Spinning classes at its Anna Fascitelli Fitness and Wellness Center, profiling the journey of student worker Brittany Snizek from class participant to instructor.
“I started taking Spinning classes in my sophomore year, and I
really got into it,” Snizek said in a news release. “I am a
better person because of Spinning and I am happier and healthier.
Taking classes here was fun because the instructors are great. Then I
learned that the Fascitelli Center was looking for instructors and I
decided to try it.”
URI highlighted the benefits of Spinning classes, which allow
people to work out inside during the winter and at their own pace,
and the path Snizek took to become an instructor. She underwent a
five-week period learn how to lead a class and then an audition to
earn her instructor position. She also had to complete a nine-hour
course to earn a national certification and is certified in CPR.
“It’s fun and challenging,” Snizek said. “I have only
received compliments, and some say it is the toughest class. Each
week, I see the same people, which I hope means they are enjoying
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Rhode Island ?
Next time we write about University of Rhode Island, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Cost of college went up for all students at American University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Colegio Tecnico de Electricidad Galloza
- Graduates earn 2,331 degrees, certificates from University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras
- Graduates earn 733 degrees, certificates from Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Aguadilla
- Graduates earn 72 degrees, certificates from Puerto Rico Conservatory of Music
- Graduates earn 8,564 degrees, certificates from The University of Alabama
- Cost of college went up for all students at Liceo de Arte-Dise-O y Comercio
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Automeca Technical College-Bayamon
- Graduates earn 205 degrees, certificates from Career Technical Institute
- Graduates earn 141 degrees from American University of Puerto Rico