The University of Rhode Island recently highlighted Spinning classes at its Anna Fascitelli Fitness and Wellness Center, profiling the journey of student worker Brittany Snizek from class participant to instructor.
“I started taking Spinning classes in my sophomore year, and I
really got into it,” Snizek said in a news release. “I am a
better person because of Spinning and I am happier and healthier.
Taking classes here was fun because the instructors are great. Then I
learned that the Fascitelli Center was looking for instructors and I
decided to try it.”
URI highlighted the benefits of Spinning classes, which allow
people to work out inside during the winter and at their own pace,
and the path Snizek took to become an instructor. She underwent a
five-week period learn how to lead a class and then an audition to
earn her instructor position. She also had to complete a nine-hour
course to earn a national certification and is certified in CPR.
“It’s fun and challenging,” Snizek said. “I have only
received compliments, and some say it is the toughest class. Each
week, I see the same people, which I hope means they are enjoying
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Rhode Island ?
Next time we write about University of Rhode Island, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30