The state of Rhode Island recently awarded a $700,000 grant to the University of Rhode Island’s Institute for Integrated Health and Innovation that will allow the institute to evaluate health-care reform efforts.
“This is an exciting opportunity for the Institute and for URI
as a whole to have an impact on the health of Rhode Islanders,”
Bryan Blissmer, interim director for the Institute, said in a news
release. “The Institute can marshal the expertise at the university
and among our external partners to help Rhode Island transform health
care across communities and throughout the system.”
The grant, which covers a three-year period, will fund a project
titled “Rhode Island State Model Test Evaluation,” which the
Institute won based on its technical and evaluation expertise.
The state’s program is aimed at improving quality of care while
reducing costs associated with Medicare, Medicaid and Children’s
Health Insurance Programs, and the current phase of the program is
testing health-care payment and service-delivery reform models.
URI is working with researchers from Brown University to assist in
the evaluation of various models, including their processes, systems
and outcomes. The institutions will also determine obstacles and
successes of the models to help Rhode Island determine which models
will best benefit residents.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Rhode Island ?
Next time we write about University of Rhode Island, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.