The state of Rhode Island recently awarded a $700,000 grant to the University of Rhode Island’s Institute for Integrated Health and Innovation that will allow the institute to evaluate health-care reform efforts.
“This is an exciting opportunity for the Institute and for URI
as a whole to have an impact on the health of Rhode Islanders,”
Bryan Blissmer, interim director for the Institute, said in a news
release. “The Institute can marshal the expertise at the university
and among our external partners to help Rhode Island transform health
care across communities and throughout the system.”
The grant, which covers a three-year period, will fund a project
titled “Rhode Island State Model Test Evaluation,” which the
Institute won based on its technical and evaluation expertise.
The state’s program is aimed at improving quality of care while
reducing costs associated with Medicare, Medicaid and Children’s
Health Insurance Programs, and the current phase of the program is
testing health-care payment and service-delivery reform models.
URI is working with researchers from Brown University to assist in
the evaluation of various models, including their processes, systems
and outcomes. The institutions will also determine obstacles and
successes of the models to help Rhode Island determine which models
will best benefit residents.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Rhode Island ?
Next time we write about University of Rhode Island, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- HOWARD UNIVERSITY: Howard University Hospital Names Crystal Wheeler As Chief People Officer
- Graduates earn 151 degrees from Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico-Arecibo
- Cost of college went up for all students at Universidad Adventista de las Antillas
- Graduates earn 527 degrees, certificates from Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Bayamon
- Cost of college went up for all students at Emporia State University
- ARKANSAS TECH UNIVERSITY: Blake Takes Leadership at Lake Point
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Receives $100,000 Grant from Schell Foundation
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: Jacobson returns to University of Mary after gaining NCAA Division I coaching experience
- AIR FORCE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: AFIT offers course on Strategic Topics in Defense Innovation
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: Auburn Agriculture, Extension name Phillips associate dean, assistant director