Butler University has named associate professor Kelli Esteves as its Richard W. Guyer Chair of Education.
Esteves, who has been teaching at Butler's College of Education since 2010, said she has great admiration for those who came before her, and is grateful to everyone who have helped her along the way.
"Dean Ena Shelley and so many of my College of Education
colleagues have been instrumental in helping me reach my professional
goals," she said. "I am grateful to work with people across the university who are
incredibly kind, intelligent, passionate, and hard working.”
The Guyer Professorship, which carries a three-year term, is named for World War II veteran Richard W. Guyer, who taught and coached in high schools in Indiana before joining the faculty at Butler. It was established in 1997 by
D. Michael Hockett,
a Butler graduate and Indianapolis business who wanted to honor Guyer for his guidance and instruction.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Butler University ?
Next time we write about Butler University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Beauty schools report highest default rates on student loans
- Analysis: College men's basketball grosses $2 billion
- March Madness money: How do tournament teams rank?
- RICE UNIVERSITY: Axelrod, Rove to host Presidential Elections Program conference at Rice U.’s Baker Institute March 28
- CAMERON UNIVERSITY: Artwork by Cameron University Student Kathryn Carroll to be Exhibited in CU Sciences Complex
- COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES: Mines joins growing network for entrepreneurial engineering
- IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY: Software aims to reduce food waste by helping those in need
- SIMMONS CANCER INSTITUTE: Women's Power Lunch Against Cancer
- MICHIGAN TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY: Atomic Zoom: Michigan Tech's Scanning Transmission Electron Microscope
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH DAKOTA: Public Seminar at USD Sanford School of Medicine Explores Human-Animal Relationships in Healthcare Settings