An upcoming conference in Birmingham, England, has set its sights on examining forces that changed the face of Europe.
"The End of Empire: European Popular Responses," which will run Jan. 11-13, is co-sponsored by Georgia's Berry Evans College School. The three-day event will feature American and European scholars offering insight into England's imperial past and its cultural effects on Europe as a whole.
Matthew Stanard, an associate professor of history at Berry Evans, is co-organizing the event.
The conference, to be held at the University of Birmingham's Woodbrooke Quaker Study Centre, is also sponsored by the university, The Past & Present Society and the Maison francaise d’Oxford.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Berry College ?
Next time we write about Berry College, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Cost of college went up for all students at American University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Colegio Tecnico de Electricidad Galloza
- Graduates earn 2,331 degrees, certificates from University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras
- Graduates earn 733 degrees, certificates from Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Aguadilla
- Graduates earn 72 degrees, certificates from Puerto Rico Conservatory of Music
- Graduates earn 8,564 degrees, certificates from The University of Alabama
- Cost of college went up for all students at Liceo de Arte-Dise-O y Comercio
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Automeca Technical College-Bayamon
- Graduates earn 205 degrees, certificates from Career Technical Institute
- Graduates earn 141 degrees from American University of Puerto Rico