An upcoming conference in Birmingham, England, has set its sights on examining forces that changed the face of Europe.
"The End of Empire: European Popular Responses," which will run Jan. 11-13, is co-sponsored by Georgia's Berry Evans College School. The three-day event will feature American and European scholars offering insight into England's imperial past and its cultural effects on Europe as a whole.
Matthew Stanard, an associate professor of history at Berry Evans, is co-organizing the event.
The conference, to be held at the University of Birmingham's Woodbrooke Quaker Study Centre, is also sponsored by the university, The Past & Present Society and the Maison francaise d’Oxford.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Berry College ?
Next time we write about Berry College, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY: Business teams in training
- COLLEGE OF CENTRAL FLORIDA: Resume Workshop to be Held February 20
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Cru Weekly Meeting to be Held February 14
- ADITALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Latin-American Dance Inspires Alma Symphony Orchestra
- COLLEGE OF CENTRAL FLORIDA: Master Artist Workshop With Sue Primeau at the Appleton Museum of Art
- CLOUD COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE: CCCC receives grant from Sunderland Foundation
- CLOUD COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE: Zuzu African Acrobats next Cook Series performers
- CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY: Breaking alcohol’s death grip
- CAMERON UNIVERSITY: Cameron University online MBA program recognized by US News & World Report
- CENTRAL CONNECTICUT STATE UNIVERSITY: Macedonia in Synopsis