An upcoming conference in Birmingham, England, has set its sights on examining forces that changed the face of Europe.
"The End of Empire: European Popular Responses," which will run Jan. 11-13, is co-sponsored by Georgia's Berry Evans College School. The three-day event will feature American and European scholars offering insight into England's imperial past and its cultural effects on Europe as a whole.
Matthew Stanard, an associate professor of history at Berry Evans, is co-organizing the event.
The conference, to be held at the University of Birmingham's Woodbrooke Quaker Study Centre, is also sponsored by the university, The Past & Present Society and the Maison francaise d’Oxford.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Berry College ?
Next time we write about Berry College, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Beauty schools report highest default rates on student loans
- Analysis: College men's basketball grosses $2 billion
- March Madness money: How do tournament teams rank?
- RICE UNIVERSITY: Axelrod, Rove to host Presidential Elections Program conference at Rice U.’s Baker Institute March 28
- CAMERON UNIVERSITY: Artwork by Cameron University Student Kathryn Carroll to be Exhibited in CU Sciences Complex
- COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES: Mines joins growing network for entrepreneurial engineering
- IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY: Software aims to reduce food waste by helping those in need
- SIMMONS CANCER INSTITUTE: Women's Power Lunch Against Cancer
- MICHIGAN TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY: Atomic Zoom: Michigan Tech's Scanning Transmission Electron Microscope
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH DAKOTA: Public Seminar at USD Sanford School of Medicine Explores Human-Animal Relationships in Healthcare Settings