An upcoming conference in Birmingham, England, has set its sights on examining forces that changed the face of Europe.
"The End of Empire: European Popular Responses," which will run Jan. 11-13, is co-sponsored by Georgia's Berry Evans College School. The three-day event will feature American and European scholars offering insight into England's imperial past and its cultural effects on Europe as a whole.
Matthew Stanard, an associate professor of history at Berry Evans, is co-organizing the event.
The conference, to be held at the University of Birmingham's Woodbrooke Quaker Study Centre, is also sponsored by the university, The Past & Present Society and the Maison francaise d’Oxford.
Organizations in this story
Berry College 2277 Martha Berry Blvd NW Rome, GA - 30165
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success