Fifteen high school students recently took part in a testing session at State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota, and left with more confidence in their examination abilities and more excitement about a college future.
The annual College Reach Out Program (CROP),
presented by activity coordinator Yvette Brown, strives to boost
students' belief in their own test-taking skills and explains how
colleges use different test scores, such as the ACT and SAT, to
This year's program brought in four freshmen,
one sophomore, four juniors and six seniors, about half of whom had
taken part in a previous test prep session.
parents also got a little education, such as learning about the
financial aid process and the Summer Bridge Program, designed for
first-generation students preparing for college.
were provided with test prep books, calculators, highlighters and
other supplies, and presented with a test prep review before being
given a timed ACT exam. Lunch was provided by Kappa Alpha Psi
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota ?
Next time we write about State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY: Business teams in training
- COLLEGE OF CENTRAL FLORIDA: Resume Workshop to be Held February 20
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Cru Weekly Meeting to be Held February 14
- ADITALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Latin-American Dance Inspires Alma Symphony Orchestra
- COLLEGE OF CENTRAL FLORIDA: Master Artist Workshop With Sue Primeau at the Appleton Museum of Art
- CLOUD COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE: CCCC receives grant from Sunderland Foundation
- CLOUD COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE: Zuzu African Acrobats next Cook Series performers
- CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY: Breaking alcohol’s death grip
- CAMERON UNIVERSITY: Cameron University online MBA program recognized by US News & World Report
- CENTRAL CONNECTICUT STATE UNIVERSITY: Macedonia in Synopsis