Several students at Ohio's Ashland University (AU) recently took home finalist awards at the national Intercollegiate Broadcasting System competition.
“The great thing about these honors is that we had finalists in both the radio and television categories," David McCoy, chair of AU’s Journalism and Digital Media (JDM) department. “This clearly conveys the converged media approach exhibited by JDM, as judged by blind peer reviews. Moreover, it enhances the fact the JDM is Ohio’s premiere small college/university academic media program.”
AU radio students were honored in four categories: Kate Siefert was among the top seven students in Best Newscast, Derek Wood and Noah Cloonan placed among the top five in Best Women’s Basketball Play-by-Play, and Wood also was named among the top five in Best Use of Facebook and the top six in Best Show Promotional Poster.
Television students Andrew Clough, Colleen Rimmel, Connor Dunwoodie, Halee Heironimus and Sean Honaker placed in the top five in Best Newscast, while Kate Siefert and Tom Prizeman were among the top four in the country in Best Sports Program. Honaker and Wood were also joined by Erich Metze, Brandon Hood and Noah to reach the top three in Best Sports Play-by-Play.
"Ashland's JDM program was indeed on the forefront of new media education regionally and nationally in 2010,” McCoy said. “Our program continues to be a model of rigorous academics reinforced by real-world experiential learning opportunities for 21st century journalists.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Ashland University ?
Next time we write about Ashland University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30