Faculty from the University of Arkansas' Apparel Merchandising and Product Development (AMPD) program recently presented their research at the Annual International Textile and Apparel Association conference in Vancouver.
Laurie Apple, an associate professor, collaborated with clinical Associate Professor Kathy Smith to research and present “Consumer Perceptions of Apparel Fit Satisfaction and Sizing Based Upon 3D Body Scanning and Block Garment Assessment."
Their research was based on a thesis by master’s degree student Nicole Coury and focused on sizing and fit issues. It made the case that major apparel retailers need to make sizing systems similar in order to reduce customer returns.
Lance Cheramie, an instructor in the AMPD program, Associate Professor Leigh Southward and instructor Cynthia Elkins presented “A Preliminary Analysis of an Interactive Teaching Platform."
The study focused on student attentiveness and found that PowerPoint presentations with multiple choice and one-word answer questions, called interactive teaching platform, were the best for student attentiveness and grades.
Stephanie Hubert, also an instructor in the AMPD program, worked with Apple and Smith to present "A Comparison of Perceived Fit Issues of Apparel as it Relates to Body Image and Body Satisfaction Among High School Athletes and Non-Athletes Using 3D Body Scan Technology," which found that high school athletes have the most accurate body images, but high school students struggle with different sizes in different stores. This research was based on Hubert’s master’s degree thesis.
Finally, Assistant Professor Eunjoo Cho worked with Smith to present "The Effects of Brand Familiarity on Perceived Risk, Attitude, and Purchase Intentions Toward an Intimate Apparel Brand," based on master’s degree student Jennifer Rose’s thesis.
The study found that young females who are loyal to a particular brand of intimate apparel are more likely to have a low psychological and performance risk, which favors positive attitudes.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND: URI names new chief information officer
- RICE UNIVERSITY: Matt Bragga named Rice baseball coach
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA: UA Announces New Master’s Degree in Public Health
- TRANSYLVANIA UNIVERSITY: Moloney named as Transylvania’s new VP for marketing and communications
- HOWARD UNIVERSITY: Howard University Appoints Marcus Lyles As Executive Director Of Public Safety And Chief Of Police For The Department Of Public Safety
- PALM BEACH ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY: Lester Named Dean of School of Music & Fine Arts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Master's Degree in Finance
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Rashid Zia named Brown’s new dean of the college
- RADFORD UNIVERSITY: Joyendu “Joy” Bhadury selected as dean of Radford University’s College of Business and Economics
- ASHLAND UNIVERSITY: Ashland University Establishes Center for Addictions; Hires Director