Waldo Moeller was part of five generations of families to attend Blinn College in Brenham, Texas, and his family recently showed its continuing support by funding five scholarships to the school through the Waldo E. Moeller Foundation.
The $98,610 endowment will be split among academic and technical students.
“The Waldo E. Moeller Foundation was established by the will
of my father,” foundation trustee and Moeller’s daughter Diane Pieper said.
“Because my father’s career success was in the electrical trade, and he was a
great supporter of the A.W. Hodde, Jr., Technical Education Center, the
donation will be split between academic and workforce scholarships.”
Moeller graduated from Blinn College after WWII and
founded the Waldo Moeller Electric company in 1951. He also served on the Hodde Center advisory board until his death in 2012.
The business, now known as the Moeller Electric Company, is still family run by Diane and her husband, Looyd Pieper.
Walt Schoenvogel, the Blinn Foundation board chair, said the scholarships are meant to allow students to focus on education rather than worrying about finances.
hope that this generosity will inspire others to give back to the community by
giving the gift of an affordable education,” he said.
Moeller Foundation sholarship applications are due by March 31.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Blinn College ?
Next time we write about Blinn College, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30
- ANDREWS UNIVERSITY: SCSD Receives Grant from Parkinson Voice Project
- BETHANY COLLEGE: Bethany Lands 12 Teams on Naia Scholar Teams List