A year ago, Miami University's Shriver Center was a construction zone students had to walk around. This month, it is welcoming students back and ensuring that everyone has the access they deserve.
The office of Student
Disability Services (SDS) and the Rinella Learning Center are now
open, following the completion of phase one of the two-part
construction project that begin in January 2016. Approximately half of
the 120,000-square-foot building is available for use, including a
comfortable seating area, counseling rooms, and a space that
showcases artifacts and historical information about Miami and its
“The new location expands our space and
capacity for tutoring, testing services, workshops, academic coaching
and course offerings,” Rinella Director Christina
SDS provides the resources and support
needed to ensure that all students have equal access to education and
employment, as well as university life. It can also assist with
“This move is monumental for SDS, as it will
bring services and resources to the heart of campus and allow for
improved outreach to students, faculty and staff,” SDS Director J.
Andrew Zeisler said.
The Admission Visit Center is being moved
into the area that was the Haines Food Court and will showcase the
Miami University experience for prospective and incoming students and
parents. The first tour is scheduled for Jan. 23.
a direct correlation between the campus visit and students’
likelihood to apply for admission," Susan Schaurer, assistant
vice president of Enrollment Management and director of Admission,
said. "The Shriver location places our prospective students and
their families in the heart of Miami’s campus.”
The second and final
phase of the project is in two parts, with the first part expected to be complete in August and the second scheduled to end in May
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Miami University-Oxford ?
Next time we write about Miami University-Oxford, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.