Berry College in Mount Berry, Georgia, recently opened a solo exhibit of Bryce Speed's artwork.
The "Gulfs" exhibit features a collection of framed pieces on paper, both in painting and drawing, presented so as to suggest a different reality. The college describes the work as both vague and volatile, as it makes disasters seem like natural events such as wind or fire.
Speed's work has been
recognized in Scotland, as well as North Carolina and Alabama, and has been displayed at the Gadsen Museum of Art in Alabama and TEN Gallery in New
Speed earned a bachelor's degree at the University of Mississippi and a master's at the University of Alabama, where he is currently an assistant professor of art.
"Gulfs" is open to the public, as is Speed's artist's talk on Jan. 23.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Berry College ?
Next time we write about Berry College, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Jackson College enrolls 4,798 undergrads
- Kellogg Community College enrolls 4,814 undergrads
- Washtenaw Community College enrolls 12,335 undergrads
- Mott Community College enrolls 7,689 undergrads
- Wayne County Community College District enrolls 14,806 undergrads
- Cost of college went up for all students at National Conservatory of Dramatic Arts
- 64 percent of applicants to University of Michigan-Dearborn were admitted for fall 2017
- Cost of college went up for all students at University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- Baker College enrolls 11,603 undergrads
- St Clair County Community College enrolls 3,601 undergrads