Registration recently got underway for intercultural communication workshops at the University of Massachusetts Center at Springfield.
The one- and
three-day workshops, scheduled for March 14-17, are being presented
by the Intercultural Communication Institute, a nonprofit based in
Portland, Oregon. The organization's mission is to create an
environment of awareness as well as appreciation for cultural
differences, whether domestic or international in scope.
Institute for Teaching Excellence and Faculty Development is
co-sponsoring the event.
UMass Amherst staff, faculty and
students can attend the three-day workshop at the discounted price of
$600 or the one-day session for $220. The registration promotional
code is UMASSFAM, which must be used by Feb. 10.
topics include intercultural learning away from home, classroom management of
intercultural development styles, diversity as a
strategic change process, and ways to use games, both professionally
and creatively, to build teams of people and communities.
Organizations in this story
University of Massachusetts Amherst 300 Massachusetts Ave Amherst, MA - 01003
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success