Registration recently got underway for intercultural communication workshops at the University of Massachusetts Center at Springfield.
The one- and
three-day workshops, scheduled for March 14-17, are being presented
by the Intercultural Communication Institute, a nonprofit based in
Portland, Oregon. The organization's mission is to create an
environment of awareness as well as appreciation for cultural
differences, whether domestic or international in scope.
Institute for Teaching Excellence and Faculty Development is
co-sponsoring the event.
UMass Amherst staff, faculty and
students can attend the three-day workshop at the discounted price of
$600 or the one-day session for $220. The registration promotional
code is UMASSFAM, which must be used by Feb. 10.
topics include intercultural learning away from home, classroom management of
intercultural development styles, diversity as a
strategic change process, and ways to use games, both professionally
and creatively, to build teams of people and communities.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Massachusetts Amherst ?
Next time we write about University of Massachusetts Amherst, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.