The State College of Florida (SCF) Manatee-Sarasota recently bid farewell and good luck to 1,050 students who completed their degree requirements over the summer and fall. Approximately 245 students participated in the graduation ceremony at the Bradenton Area Convention Center in Palmetto.
Alumnus Maury R. Kolchakian, who graduated from SCF (then Manatee Junior College) in 1973 and has had a long tenure in public service in Tallahassee, gave the graduation speech.
The college handed out 55 bachelor's degrees, 186 associate's degrees and four certificates.
Nursing student Randy Allen Gilmore won the Outstanding Graduate Award, earning a $1,500 award from the State College of Florida
The SCF Chamber Choir and SCF Symphony Orchestra performed during the ceremony, led by Music Program Director Melodie Dickerson and Director of
Instrumental Studies Robyn Bell, respectively.
Organizations in this story
State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota 5840 26th St. W. Bradenton, FL - 34207
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success