Indiana's University of Evansville recently announced the addition of a logistics and supply chain management program (LSCM), which will kick off in the fall 2018 semester.
The university says the program is ideally timed, as the country currently is experiencing a 6-to-1 demand-to-supply ratio in the field.
“We have listened to our regional business community and
responded,” Schroeder Family School Dean Greg Rawski said. “Our LSCM program
will be impactful and will fortify our 98 percent career placement rate – one
of the best in the nation.”
The university plans to open a center for logistics and
supply chain management, offering experiential learning
and linking students with companies, the Indiana Logistics Summit, the University
of Arkansas’ mock Walmart warehouse program and training on LSCM technology.
The program will build upon the LSCM offerings already
available at UE, which saw a student team win third place in the Conexus
Logistics Case Competition.
“The UE team’s third place win was very impressive
considering they have had limited exposure to the field of logistics and supply
chain management,” said UE Assistant Professor Yolanda Obaze, who teaches supply
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Evansville ?
Next time we write about University of Evansville, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Analysis: 58,361 college athletes play baseball
- UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY: New Provost Named at Utah State University
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: Energy Transfer/Sunoco Foundation and Energy Transfer Partners Donate $5 Million to the University of Mary
- COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES: Clarke wins NSF CAREER grant for advanced steel research
- BUTLER UNIVERSITY: Retailing's Loss Was Biology's Gain
- CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY TEXAS: A seemingly perpetual student's view on grad school experience
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA, HUNTSVILLE: Team Chargernaut takes first place in NASA Human Exploration Rover Challenge
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA: Parkway to Close April 27-28 for USA Triathlon
- 114,405 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans from private, nonprofit schools
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA, HUNTSVILLE: Alumnus’ firm in forefront of private Wi-Fi, Internet in space