Indiana's University of Evansville recently announced the addition of a logistics and supply chain management program (LSCM), which will kick off in the fall 2018 semester.
The university says the program is ideally timed, as the country currently is experiencing a 6-to-1 demand-to-supply ratio in the field.
“We have listened to our regional business community and
responded,” Schroeder Family School Dean Greg Rawski said. “Our LSCM program
will be impactful and will fortify our 98 percent career placement rate – one
of the best in the nation.”
The university plans to open a center for logistics and
supply chain management, offering experiential learning
and linking students with companies, the Indiana Logistics Summit, the University
of Arkansas’ mock Walmart warehouse program and training on LSCM technology.
The program will build upon the LSCM offerings already
available at UE, which saw a student team win third place in the Conexus
Logistics Case Competition.
“The UE team’s third place win was very impressive
considering they have had limited exposure to the field of logistics and supply
chain management,” said UE Assistant Professor Yolanda Obaze, who teaches supply
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Evansville ?
Next time we write about University of Evansville, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30