The University of Texas at Dallas took another step up the education ladder recently, ranking 32nd in the nation on Kiplinger's annual list of top-value public universities. The school ranked 33rd a year ago.
Kiplinger looks at four-year graduation rates, admission rates, student-teacher ratios and the percentage of students who return for their second year. UT Dallas was commended for its low student debt at the time of graduation, high financial aid opportunities, low overall price and high four-year graduation rate. Its student-to-faculty ratio is 21 to 1.
“We pride ourselves on attracting high-caliber students to learn and study here on our campus,” Richard Benson,
UT Dallas president, said. “This recognition from Kiplinger’s as one of the
top values in higher education reflects our efforts not only to provide
students with excellent opportunities, but to do so at a great value."
Janet Bodnar, editor of Kiplinger's *Personal Finance* magazine, said the schools chosen for the list understand how to balance costs with quality education.
"There’s no way around it: College is expensive, and it’s going to stay that way for a long time," she said. "So, with our rankings — which weigh affordability alongside academic quality — our goal is to help students and their parents understand what’s really worth the price."
The University of Texas at Austin ranked 13th on the list, Texas A&M University placed 42nd, and Texas Tech University ranked 96th. Kiplinger considered a total of 1,200 schools.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Texas at Dallas ?
Next time we write about University of Texas at Dallas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30