When Florida Light & Power recently decided to start running an advertisement in movie theaters to recruit college workers, they went right to the source for help: Andrew Ray, an assistant professor of cinema/television at Palm Beach Atlantic University (PBAU).
Ray directed the commercial during the Christmas break with the help of nine PBAU students he recruited.
"It was an incredible learning opportunity for the students, all of whom were excellent in their positions, and it was great to be able to pay them as well," Ray said.
Antonio Zarro, an associate professor of cinema/television, served as the lighting technician.
Besides teaching, Ray runs Attention Creative, a corporate and commercial video production company in West Palm Beach.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Palm Beach Atlantic University ?
Next time we write about Palm Beach Atlantic University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30
- ANDREWS UNIVERSITY: SCSD Receives Grant from Parkinson Voice Project
- BETHANY COLLEGE: Bethany Lands 12 Teams on Naia Scholar Teams List