Students earning master’s degrees in social work through Boise State University’s online program already knew they were getting a good education, but a non-profit organization recently backed up their beliefs.
The SR Education Group, which independently reviews higher education institutions based on accessibility, affordability and quality, ranked the university at No. 19 on its "2017’s Top Online Colleges for Social Work Degrees" list.
“I continue to be impressed by the quality work done by the faculty and administration in social work,” Tim Dunnagan, dean of the school's College of Health Sciences, said. “Their efforts have been favorably acknowledged by the students, alumni and external groups that create rankings for schools of social work.”
Randy Magen, director of Boise State's School of Social Work, said the online program hires highly skilled teachers from all over.
“This semester, we have experienced, Ph.D.-trained faculty teaching as adjunct instructors in the online program who live in Canada, Florida and Maryland,” he said.
Magen said the students can rest assured that they are getting valuable educations.
“Given that all of the counties in Idaho are designated under-served in terms of behavioral health, Idaho students, when they graduate, will go a long way toward improving behavioral health services in the state,” Magen said.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Boise State University ?
Next time we write about Boise State University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Graduates earn 142 degrees, certificates from Columbia Central University-Yauco
- Graduates earn 192 degrees from Instituto Tecnologico de Puerto Rico-Recinto de Guayama
- Cost of college went up for all students at Advantage Technical College
- Cost of college went up for all students at Caribbean University-Vega Baja
- Cost of college went up for all students at American University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Colegio Tecnico de Electricidad Galloza
- Graduates earn 2,331 degrees, certificates from University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras
- Graduates earn 733 degrees, certificates from Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Aguadilla
- Graduates earn 72 degrees, certificates from Puerto Rico Conservatory of Music
- Graduates earn 8,564 degrees, certificates from The University of Alabama