The Sanford School of Medicine at the University of South Dakota recently ranked 15th in the nation in placing graduates into family medicine residencies.
The most recent ranking by
the American Academy of Family Physicians looked at 134 schools that grant MD degrees and reviewed the number
of medical school graduates placed into residencies during the three years
that ended in 2015.
percent of USD medical school grads went into family medicine
residencies -- nearly double the 8.7 percent national average.
Students who undertake family medicine residencies tend to make careers as family medicine practitioners.
The Sanford School of Medicine's missions statement emphasizes a commitment to family medicine, although it prepares students to
practice in all fields of medicine.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of South Dakota ?
Next time we write about University of South Dakota, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY: New Provost Named at Utah State University
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH DAKOTA: USD Alumna Uses Personal Experience to Spread Message of Financial Literacy
- ASHLAND UNIVERSITY: Ashland University’s Emerson Scholars Receive Recognition
- BERRY COLLEGE: Coyote Lecture April 23 at Oak Hill
- MIAMI UNIVERSITY-OXFORD: Randi Thomas and Diane Delisio receive Miami University's Distinguished Service Award
- UNIVERSITY OF TAMPA: UT’s Spring Dance Happening Runs April 25-27
- Analysis: College athletics grossed $31,832 per athlete in 2016
- UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO ANSCHUTZ MEDICAL CAMPUS: New law updates language related to dementia
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA: UA’s Urban Forest Earns ‘Tree Campus USA’ Times Three
- TULANE UNIVERSITY: Speaker to explore use of biology in creation of technology