Student artwork ranging in variety from graphic design and photography to ceramics and printmaking recently went on display at the University of South Dakota's John A. Day Gallery.
The 30th Annual Stilwell Student Juried Exhibition is a display of peer-juried work meant to foster an appreciation of art students' talents. Michael Petersen, the principal and founding partner of the Chicago creative agency
50,000feet, is this year's juror. He painstakingly narrowed down a group of 250 submitted pieces to 105 for the show.
"Michael did a great job highlighting all of the emphases in the art department, including pieces from freshman all the way up to graduate students," Michael St. Vrain, director of University Art Galleries. "There is a great variety of what we produce each year."
The exhibit will be on display through Feb. 24.
Organizations in this story
University of South Dakota 414 E Clark St Vermillion, SD - 57069
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success