Student artwork ranging in variety from graphic design and photography to ceramics and printmaking recently went on display at the University of South Dakota's John A. Day Gallery.
The 30th Annual Stilwell Student Juried Exhibition is a display of peer-juried work meant to foster an appreciation of art students' talents. Michael Petersen, the principal and founding partner of the Chicago creative agency
50,000feet, is this year's juror. He painstakingly narrowed down a group of 250 submitted pieces to 105 for the show.
"Michael did a great job highlighting all of the emphases in the art department, including pieces from freshman all the way up to graduate students," Michael St. Vrain, director of University Art Galleries. "There is a great variety of what we produce each year."
The exhibit will be on display through Feb. 24.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of South Dakota ?
Next time we write about University of South Dakota, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY: New Provost Named at Utah State University
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH DAKOTA: USD Alumna Uses Personal Experience to Spread Message of Financial Literacy
- ASHLAND UNIVERSITY: Ashland University’s Emerson Scholars Receive Recognition
- BERRY COLLEGE: Coyote Lecture April 23 at Oak Hill
- MIAMI UNIVERSITY-OXFORD: Randi Thomas and Diane Delisio receive Miami University's Distinguished Service Award
- UNIVERSITY OF TAMPA: UT’s Spring Dance Happening Runs April 25-27
- Analysis: College athletics grossed $31,832 per athlete in 2016
- UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO ANSCHUTZ MEDICAL CAMPUS: New law updates language related to dementia
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA: UA’s Urban Forest Earns ‘Tree Campus USA’ Times Three
- TULANE UNIVERSITY: Speaker to explore use of biology in creation of technology