Student artwork ranging in variety from graphic design and photography to ceramics and printmaking recently went on display at the University of South Dakota's John A. Day Gallery.
The 30th Annual Stilwell Student Juried Exhibition is a display of peer-juried work meant to foster an appreciation of art students' talents. Michael Petersen, the principal and founding partner of the Chicago creative agency
50,000feet, is this year's juror. He painstakingly narrowed down a group of 250 submitted pieces to 105 for the show.
"Michael did a great job highlighting all of the emphases in the art department, including pieces from freshman all the way up to graduate students," Michael St. Vrain, director of University Art Galleries. "There is a great variety of what we produce each year."
The exhibit will be on display through Feb. 24.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of South Dakota ?
Next time we write about University of South Dakota, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30