Student artwork ranging in variety from graphic design and photography to ceramics and printmaking recently went on display at the University of South Dakota's John A. Day Gallery.
The 30th Annual Stilwell Student Juried Exhibition is a display of peer-juried work meant to foster an appreciation of art students' talents. Michael Petersen, the principal and founding partner of the Chicago creative agency
50,000feet, is this year's juror. He painstakingly narrowed down a group of 250 submitted pieces to 105 for the show.
"Michael did a great job highlighting all of the emphases in the art department, including pieces from freshman all the way up to graduate students," Michael St. Vrain, director of University Art Galleries. "There is a great variety of what we produce each year."
The exhibit will be on display through Feb. 24.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of South Dakota ?
Next time we write about University of South Dakota, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Cost of college went up for all students at American University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Colegio Tecnico de Electricidad Galloza
- Graduates earn 2,331 degrees, certificates from University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras
- Graduates earn 733 degrees, certificates from Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Aguadilla
- Graduates earn 72 degrees, certificates from Puerto Rico Conservatory of Music
- Graduates earn 8,564 degrees, certificates from The University of Alabama
- Cost of college went up for all students at Liceo de Arte-Dise-O y Comercio
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Automeca Technical College-Bayamon
- Graduates earn 205 degrees, certificates from Career Technical Institute
- Graduates earn 141 degrees from American University of Puerto Rico